Monday 28 April 2014

[Food Preview] McDonald's Spicy Challenge - Revealing the Level Four Burger, the Fiery Mala!


ARE YOU READY FOR THE SPICIEST BURGER IN THIS YEAR'S SPICY CHALLENGE? 



Revealing our Level 4 burger, the FIERY MALA~

Firstly, I want to thank McDonald's for the invitation and the chance to attend the launch event for the new burger~ The event was held at JEM's outlet, whereby the second level was sealed off just for the event and their invited guests. 


And let's just say, wow it felt like Chinese New Year all over again~ LOL
The place was literally RED HOT~




The place was decorated with every red item possible, red table cloth, red balloons, red cups, red serviettes, etc.

This time round, unlike the previous Level 1 and 3 burger launch, this is on a much bigger scale. The event space was packed with people and were eagerly waiting for the long awaited spicy burger. 
(Yes, we were hungry!)


We had Adora Sarah from Class 95 FM hosting the first half of the event and playing some interactive games with the crowd. 

There was also a photo booth as well.
Interesting props were provided~~~




Tada~ Our blogger pics~ ^^

Ok, now, here comes the details and review of the burger~







(The patty was soooo juicy~!)

FIERY MALA: 

It features a grilled chicken patty seasoned with chilli, garlic, black pepper and capsicum and is served with shredded lettuce topped with chargrill sauce.

First bite:

Wow… It's spicy… Seriously never expected it… Like really… Though I do find it quite salty as well, the spiciness is rather overpowering. Calling it 'Mala' is a little bit misleading because the black pepper taste was really really strong. And I do have to say, the 'aftermath'… You know how you ate chill padi and the spiciness hits you afterwards? Yep, this is the burger that literally gave a 'punch' to my throat. I'm not even kidding. Some people around us didn't even finish half of the burger because it was so spicy. Of course, there's really strong spicy food lovers that just finished the burger without breaking into a sweat~ --> Fellow blogger Joey. Haha, but I held on and finished the challenge. The aftermath wasn't pretty… I kinda had to dump my cup of Yuzu Mcfizz down my throat to ease the spiciness. And, I also found out that the mayo and the bun tame down the spiciness by ALOT. So if you want to get the FULL IMPACT? Go straight to the patty!

I have to say, comparing this to the Level 3 Flaming Green Curry, Level 3 is like a mere teaser, this Level 4 is the real deal. But taste wise, I very much preferred Level 3 because the taste was really good (well, at least to me ^^), this Level 4 burger didn't really gave my tastebuds much except for the overwhelmingly spiciness of the black pepper. 



In the second half of the event after we had our 'first' experience with the MALA burger, the MUTTONS hosted some games and ended the event nicely. I also had the chance to take a photo with the Korean model that was present at the event :D



Before we leave, I was presented with a goodie bag from McDonalds's ^^

It consisted of vouchers worth $20 (^^), a SPICY CHALLENGE t-shirt and a certificate with my name HAND-WRITTEN on it!! (Touched)


So what are you still waiting for? 
The Fiery Mala will be available in restaurants from 26 April.

Each Fiery Mala Special consist of a Fiery Mala, Yuzu McFizz, and a Large French Fries that will be available from $7.70. The Fiery Mala is available while stocks last.

Question is, how hot can you go?

(Haha this was at the back of the t-shirt, my camera couldn't show it's true colours. But I promise you, the shirt is BRIGHT RED!)


Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment